DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that we will get commission if you decide to make a purchase through those links, at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Please read our disclosure and disclaimer here.
Best Photo Editing Software:
This article covers the 10 Best Photo editing software capable of meeting the needs of all types of photographers. Everyone is a photographer these days by using their smartphones and Instagram filters. But only real photographers know the value of editing raw images to bring out the very best in them.
A raw image is like a non-processed film seen by your DSLR sensor. Image editing requires correcting several things, including highlights, focus, noise reduction, and exposure to make the image stunning.
You will find thousands of advice on the internet. Most of them will advise you to use Adobe Photoshop. I myself use Adobe Photoshop mostly and prefer it over other image editing software because it is easy for me to use it. It may be hard for you to use it.
There is plenty of photo editing software available on the market to explore and choose from. Some are free to use, some you can find a trial version, and some must be bought before using it.
Adobe Photoshop has a special place in this article about the best photo editing software. The name “Adobe Photoshop” can easily be known as photo editing. It is one of the most popular photo editing software available in the market. Photoshop is the primary tool for its fans across the world. These fans include designers, artists, and illustrators.
Adobe Photoshop is designed for professionals who need all the advanced features in one package. Adobe Photoshop has all the diting options you will want in a photo editing software. No kidding!
Including all Adobe Photoshop features here is almost impossible as the list is huge. Given below are some of the main features that ma help you to make a better decision:
- Adobe Photoshop supports all of the main file formats like JPG, PNG, GIF, as well as raw files
- Photoshop is incredibly fast even with larger size images
- It uses adjustment layers for non-destructive editing to enhance the appearance of your image
- It comes with depth map support for HEIF files and 360 editing tools
- Its masking and selection tools are the best in the business
- Incredible cloning and retouching capabilities
Corel Paintshop Pro 2020
Corel PaintShop Pro is one of the best photo editing software out there. Some photographers call it an Adobe Photoshop alternative, but it lacks Photoshop’s most advanced flagship features, including detailed typography, 3D modeling, Faces Liquefy, Camera Shake Reduction, among others.
If you want software for effective yet basic image editing, then Corel PaintShop Pro is a good option. Just don’t expect as many features as Adobe Photoshop has.
Some of its unique features are:
- Designers can start working from pre-existing graphic design templates.
- 360-degree image editing capability.
- Perfect for beginners.
- Extensive library of gradients, picture tubes, colors, pallets, among others.
- The user experience is crisp and smooth.
Gimp stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. Gimp is one of the best photo editing software out there. Its free and open-source image editing software comes loaded with pro-level features that can help you create stunning images. They keep on releasing the improved version frequently.
This free photo editing software is superb for designers, illustrators, and photographers.
Gimp offers pro-level features to meet all essential photo editing requirements. And most importantly it is free.
Here are some of its main features:
- Allows you to create pro-level graphic design elements.
- You can get a great level of customization through integration with several plugins.
- You can create stunning original artwork.
- Its high-quality photo manipulation capabilities help you retouch or restore the images efficiently.
Adobe doesn’t need any introduction in the world of photo editing. In fact, it continues to be a pioneer in releasing great photo editing software.
Another powerful photo editing software from Adobe is Adobe Lightroom.
Adobe Lightroom is perfect for photographers who want a more straightforward yet capable software for editing their images.
Lightroom has a more user-friendly interface for image editing compared to Photoshop.
Lightroom is also one of the best photo editing software in the photo editing market.
Some of its incredible features include:
- It syncs with multiples devices.
- Its face detection capability helps in organizing the photographs more efficiently.
- Gradient and brush adjustment tools.
- Cam and lens-based corrections.
- Blurring and fixing tools.
- Professional filters along with numerous presets.
- Sliders are customizable.
Adobe Photoshop Elements
Adobe Photoshop Elements is an excellent option for beginners and non-professionals. Adobe Photoshop Elements has powerful photo editing capabilities and easy to use UI.
You can do great photoshop effects with Elements without having any professional skills. It also performs basic photo editing perfectly.
- Its “Guided Edits” feature helps in creating memes, multi-photo texts, and part-image sketches.
- Create professional collages in minutes.
- It covers lots of editing tasks on its own by using its AI-capabilities.
- The “Open Closed Eyes” feature is capable of fixing a closed eye, a common problem in photography.
Canva is one of the most popular web-based tools which can help you design stunning photos. Its simple user interface has enabled millions to edit graphics without any technical knowledge.
It has a very user-friendly drag and drop editor which you can use to add several layers to your photos. It also allows you to easily add graphics and fonts to your photos for publishing on your website and social media.
Canva is a go-to tool for professionals who want to create
- Photo designs for websites.
- Social Media
We recommend PicMonkey for those users who wants to brush up their photo editing and designing skills. PicMonkey has a complete range of photo editing tools including collages, cropping, touch up, and many more.
You can use its free trial version to test its photo editing capabilities before buying its paid version. One of the best parts about it is its user-friendly user interface.
PicMonkey is also a good choice for those professionals who are fed up with the complex features of other photo editing software.
- A wide range of templates.
- Create stunning images using its Advanced touch-up tools.
- You can download its iOS and Android app and use it on the go.
- Nice designing tools to create images for publishing online.
- Very user-friendly interface for starters and professionals.
Capture One is developed by Phase One which is a camera company. Capture One is a decent addition to this article. It has a lot of unique features. At first, this RAW image editor looks like any other image editing software.
Capture One is a great option for photographers compared to Adobe Lightroom if they are interested in enhancing RAW images.
Capture One has so many robust features to make your image editing experience great.
Some of its key features are:
- You don’t need to install photoshop when using Capture One’s masking capabilities.
- Performance is great even with huge images.
- Advanced Color Editing feature gives you the flexibility to adjust colors and white balance.
- You can customize the interface as you want it to be.
DesignWizard has thousands of pre-made image design templates suitable for everything from gift certificates to birthday cards and social media posts to YouTube Channel Art.
- A library of thousands of high-quality videos, illustrations, graphics, and over one million images.
- Every video and image is licensed for commercial use.
- Share your favorite content on social media instantly.
- A simple photo editor where you can create logos, add texts, resize images, and more.
ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate
ACDSee Photo Studio is a multipurpose photo editing tool that offers great features which makes it a direct competitor of Adobe Photoshop. Moreover, it is easy to use for beginners also, thanks to its user-friendly UI.
ACDSee has recently released its new version known as ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021. This version offers advanced tools and the latest capabilities for a better photo editing experience.
Here are some of its key features:
- Facial recognition helps in better management of your photos.
- Black & White tool can also be used in “develop and edit” modes.
- You can edit source files directly as you don’t need to import files.
All these photo editing software tools mentioned above are great in their own way. But you decide to pick a photo editor that is perfect for you depends on your photo editing skills, budget, and preferences. For example, GIMP may be the best option for professionals who are looking for powerful photo editing software for free.However, I recommend you to go with one of my top picks:
Which photo editing software did you picked for your daily use? Let me know in the comment section below.